Are you tired of looking at the food stains and grime on the walls of your microwave? Are you constantly dreading microwave cleaning and looking for the easiest microwave cleaning hacks to accomplish this chore you’ve been putting off for far too long? Fear not, dear homeowners! We’ve got you covered!
Looking for The Easiest Microwave Cleaning Hacks? Try These…
If you are looking for the easiest way to clean a microwave, keep reading! We will review our three must-try microwave cleaning hacks that will leave your microwave sparkling clean in no time. And the best part? You don’t have to be a cleaning expert to try these hacks. Follow along to get your microwave cleaning completed in no time flat.
What Is the Best Hack for Cleaning Microwaves?
Microwaves are an essential appliance in every kitchen, but they can quickly become dirty and smelly if not cleaned regularly. Thankfully, there are several hacks you can use to clean your microwave easily and efficiently. In this blog, we will cover three of the best microwave cleaning hacks using baking soda, lemon, and vinegar. These hacks are simple, inexpensive, and require minimal effort. Let’s get started!
#1 – How to Clean a Microwave with Baking Soda
Baking soda is an all-around household cleaner, and it is no surprise that it is a fantastic cleaner for your dishwasher, great for oven cleaning, and can also be used to clean microwaves! The advantage of using baking soda is that it is a gentle abrasive that can scrub away tough stains without damaging the surface of your microwave.
Here are the steps to clean your microwave with baking soda:
- Mix a tablespoon baking soda with a cup of water in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and heat it on high for 3-5 minutes until the mixture boils and the steam condenses on the microwave’s walls.
- Carefully remove the bowl, and use a damp sponge to wipe away the grime and stains on the microwave’s walls.
- For stubborn stains, dip the sponge in the baking soda solution and scrub the area gently.
- Use a clean, damp cloth to wipe away any residue, and your microwave will be good as new.
#2 – Use Lemon to Steam-Clean Your Microwave
Lemon is a natural cleaning agent that can help eliminate unpleasant odors and leave a fresh scent in your microwave. When you use lemon to clean your microwave, the steam it creates softens the food debris, making it easier to wipe away.
How do you clean a microwave with lemon? Try these easy steps:
- Cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add a cup of water and the lemon halves, rind, and all, into the bowl.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and heat on high for 3-5 minutes until the mixture boils and the steam condenses on the microwave’s walls.
- Carefully remove the bowl and use a damp sponge or cloth to wipe away the softened grime and stains on the walls of the microwave.
- For food stuck on microwave walls, dip the sponge in the lemon solution and scrub gently for stubborn stains.
- Use a clean, damp cloth to wipe away any residue, and voila! Your microwave is now clean and fresh-smelling.
#3 – Easily Clean Your Microwave with Vinegar
Vinegar is another fantastic household cleaner that can be used to clean a microwave. Microwave cleaning with vinegar works very well, as the acidity in vinegar helps dissolve the grime and stains, making them easier to wipe away.
Here’s how you can clean your microwave with vinegar:
- Mix equal parts of vinegar and water in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and heat it on high for 3-5 minutes until the mixture boils and the steam condenses on the walls of the microwave.
- Carefully remove the bowl and use a damp sponge or cloth to wipe away the grime and stains on the microwave’s walls.
- Dip the sponge in the vinegar solution and scrub gently for stubborn stains.
- Use a clean, damp cloth to wipe away any residue, and you’re done!
Cleaning your microwave is important not only for maintaining its appearance but also for ensuring its longevity and performance. A dirty microwave can lead to unpleasant odors, bacterial growth, and even fire hazards. By following these three microwave cleaning hacks using baking soda, lemon, and vinegar, you can easily and efficiently clean your microwave with minimal effort and without spending a fortune on cleaning products.
If your microwave is still not performing as it should, even after cleaning it, it may be time to seek the assistance of a professional appliance repair service. Just-In Time Appliance is a reliable and experienced company specializing in repairing and maintaining household appliances. We offer a range of services that cater to all your appliance needs, from appliance service and repair to installation and appliance replacement. Don’t hesitate to contact us for all your appliance service needs.